Jakarta. The Jakarta Police rescued a kidnapped victim and arrested a suspected kidnapper in Central Jakarta on Monday (2/1/23) in a case that has gone viral on social media.

The victim, identified as a 6-year-old Malika Anastasya, was rescued on Gunung Sahari 7A Street, Sawah Besar District in Central Jakarta. At the same time, the police arrested the suspected kidnapper, a man identified with the initials IW, on Monday (2/1/23).

The victim was taken to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital, East Jakarta to undergo a physical and psychological examination.

“While Malika’s condition is healthy in general, we have to check her health medical and psychology,” explained Head of Criminal Investigation Bureau of the Central Jakarta Metro Police Superintendent Gunarto as quoted by on Monday (2/1/2023).

The suspected kidnapper was immediately taken to the Central Jakarta Metro Police Headquarters for further examination. Malika was rescued after 26 days of tracing since the kidnap case was reported to the police on December 7, 2022.

The commissioner explained that Malika was rescued from the suspected kidnapper who was carrying a cart to collect used goods in the Ciledug area, Tangerang.

“We rescued her in Ciledug, we are still at the crime scene,” he said.

The victim’s mother, Oni, said that the suspected kidnapper was someone known to her family. At the time of the kidnapping, he bought tea from the family’s stall, which was attended by Malika’s eldest brother.
“He came here, asked my older son, ‘Is there sweet tea?’, which was replied by ‘No, but there is coffee,” said Oni, quoting her son.

The suspected kidnapper further asked whether there was rice in the stall, which was replied by Malika’s brother that they did not have rice. Then, the suspected kidnapper asked Malika’s brother to buy rice and cook it.

“My son bought (rice in a stall) across the street, (after the son came back with the rice) he told my son to cook it. Then he said, ‘I want to buy fried chicken, let’s eat together here’”, said Oni.

When he was about to buy fried chicken, presumably from a stall not far from their stall, he invited Malika to come along.

“He poked my little child, “Do you want to come with me?’” said Oni. The brother told their father about it.

Malika did not return home until late in the afternoon. Oni asked her husband to look for their daughter, but their efforts were to no avail.

The kidnapping was recorded by CCTV in the neighborhood of the victim’s house in the Gunung Sahari area, Sawah Besar District, Central Jakarta.

A joint police force has searched the area and checked the CCTV in the vicinity where the victim and the suspected kidnapper rode a bajaj tricycle. After 26 days of searching, the police were able to rescue Malika and arrest the perpetrator in Ciledug, Tangerang.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * | Indonesian National Police