Inp.polri.go.id - Jakarta. The Jakarta Metro Jaya Regional Police’s Street Robbers Hunting Team has arrested four more suspects involved in violent robberies across Jakarta, said Director of General Crime Investigation Senior Superintendent Iman Imanuddin on Thursday (21/5/2026).
Recent cases had gone viral on social media, including incidents in Duren Sawit, Rawamangun, Kebon Jeruk, and Bekasi. Two suspects were armed with firearms, prompting police to take firm action. One victim had previously been shot in the leg and required hospital treatment.
Chief Iman emphasized that cooperation between citizens and police is crucial to maintaining safety.
“We will continue to fight for public security in Jakarta, Bekasi, Tangerang, Depok, and surrounding areas,” he said, as cited by antaranews.com.
With these arrests, the total number of robbery suspects captured by the team over four days has reached 20.
(mg/inp/pr/rs)
