inp.polri.go.id - Jakarta. The Bogor Sub-regional Police prepared a traffic engineering scheme on Monday (2/16/2026) on the Puncak route to anticipate a potential surge in traffic during the long Chinese New Year holiday.
The Head of Operations Development for the Bogor Sub-regional Police Traffic Unit, First Police Inspector Ardian Novianto, stated that his team had prepared to implement odd-even and one-way traffic, both upwards in the morning and downwards in the afternoon.
"We are still preparing for tomorrow, including the possibility of implementing odd-even and one-way traffic. In the morning, one-way traffic upwards will be implemented, and in the afternoon, one-way traffic downwards," said First Inspector Ardian on Monday (February 16, 2026).
Previously, the one-way traffic from Puncak to Jakarta had been implemented starting at 12:00 WIB and returning to normal at 5:30 WIB.
"Indeed, on Sunday, many visitors had already left the Puncak tourist area for Jakarta and its surrounding areas. Therefore, starting at 12:00 PM, we implemented one-way traffic downwards and returned to normal at 5:30 PM WIB," said First Police Inspector Ardian.
Based on vehicle data monitored through the Ciawi toll gate as of 6:00 PM, the number of vehicles entering the Puncak tourist area reached 22,600 units, while 24,800 units exited towards Jakarta.
"So, the majority of vehicles are still leaving or returning to Jakarta and its surroundings. The total number of vehicles monitored today reached 64,000," he said.
This year's long Chinese New Year holiday runs from Saturday (February 14) to Tuesday (February 17), with the joint leave period driving increased tourist mobility to the Puncak area.
Ardian added that hotel occupancy rates in the Puncak area have also begun to decline from 56 percent the previous day to 48 percent on Sunday, but some tourists are still staying as some were taking a leave.
(ad/ndt/pr/rs)
