Inp.polri.go.id - Jakarta. Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian said on Wednesday (25/3/2026)that the government is considering a mandatory one-day-per-week work-from-home (WFH) scheme to reduce national fuel consumption amid rising global oil prices.
"The proposal currently under discussion is for one day a week, though the specific day remains subject to the President's final directive," he said following a press conference on the Quick Win Priority Programs (PHTC), as cited by antaranews.com
The initiative was produced after high-level inter-ministerial meetings aimed at formulating an emergency energy-saving strategy.
Minister Tito noted that while the civil service is prepared to transition, as seen during the COVID-19 pandemic, the final implementation hinges on President Prabowo Subianto's approval.
To ensure public services remain uninterrupted, the Ministry of Home Affairs plans to coordinate closely with regional governments to maintain essential operations. Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs Airlangga Hartarto previously indicated that while the policy primarily targets civil servants, the private sector is also strongly encouraged to adopt similar measures to support national energy stability.
(mg/inp/pr/rs)
